Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Quick Update (GREAT day!)

Today I didn't send Matt to school and also didn't give him any anti-nausea meds. Unfortunately, the only way to really see whether he needs them is to not give them to him (you usually know pretty quick if they are still needed)! He has done FANTASTIC all day long. He has eaten pretty well, and has only complained once or twice of a mild sick feeling. His energy level has been great, as well. He went with me to run a few quick errands, and then he and I took the dog on a really long walk around the neighborhood. Tomorrow he has a doctors appointment with the Neurosurgeon, otherwise I would feel comfortable sending him back to school. At the appointment, they are following up with his progress after surgery, checking the incision and such, and he is also getting a CT scan to check his ventricles (to see if they are further enlarged, indicating hydrocephalus). I am anxious to see the results of this scan and also to talk again to Dr. Walker. As the reality of this diagnoses is settling in, I want more specific information so I can research things further. It was such a blur two months ago that I don't think I got enough information - or else wasn't in a position to process the information they were giving me!

I'll update tomorrow!

Love,
-Alli

1 comment:

Karen and Lew said...

Hooray for good days!!!!! You guys have certainly earned one. Keep up the good work. We are praying for you.