Monday, October 16, 2006

Dining. . .with children (or, really great ways to spoil a perfectly good meal).

I love to cook. I like to eat. I like to serve food to my family and watch them enjoy a nice meal or treat. Tonight, I thought I made an exceptionally nice dinner. I made Steak Diane (a really yummy beef recipe, where you use a fabulous cut of meat, season it with lemon pepper, worshestershire sauce and lemon juice and then pan sear it), mashed potatoes, and peas. Not only was the food good - I will be the first to admit to sometimes popping open a can of clam chowder - but the boys were being particularly pleasant. Everyone seems to be pretty much over the sickness that has plagued us for the past few weeks. The boys were all staying seated at their places, and they all seemed to be eating their dinner without too much complaining.

Suddenly, out of the blue, Nathan starts throwing up. I don't know if he's coming down with something, or if he just ate too big of a bite, or what. But, there was throw up across the entire dinner table. Matthew, who has the weakest stomach of any kid I know, looks at Nate vomiting, and then he starts throwing up. William, not to be outdone, pushes his chair away from the table, stands up, and promptly throws up all over the floor. :-) {{{sigh}}}

So, if any of you desire a way to add a little adventure to your next meal, I'll be happy to loan my boys to you.

Oh, and Drew's my current favorite kid tonight! :-)

1 comment:

Katie said...

OH MY GOSH! See, this post alone was worth all the work of a blog. The stories you're able to tell!