I'm still pregnant....
I shouldn't be impatient. I do have 3-4 weeks to go. It's just difficult because my last babies were born in my 35th week. The babies were both huge (6.5 lbs. and 5.8 lbs.) and they did perfectly and were able to come home with me. So, even though I'm not officially 'term' (this week I will be, though!) it feels like I am 'overdue'!
This week would be a crazy week to have a baby, though! Diana is visiting Boston, so I'm not sure what we would do with the kids! Also, next Monday (the 22nd), Matt has a HUGE appointment. We begin at 8 a.m. with audiology testing. Then off to same day surgery so Matt can get general anesthesia for his MRI's. Then he has 3-4 hours of scans of his brain and spine. After he wakes up from the anesthesia, we head straight to Hem/Onc for a clinic appointment and chemotherapy. Then, we still have to talk to the Oncologists and Neurosurgeons about what the scans showed. So, holding the baby in another week or 10 days would be best. However, it won't stop me hoping every night that my water breaks while I'm sleeping! ;-)
Matt has continued to do well the rest of this week. At church today I received several comments about how well he looked. YEA!!! Yesterday was sort of weird. He started feeling really nauseated and threw up several times. Of course, I panicked! Vomiting can be caused by several things - a virus, which wouldn't be a HUGE deal because his counts have been great and he should be able to fight off something right now. It could also be a bacterial illness, potentially more serious, especially if he had low counts. It could also be a late effect from the chemo., again nothing to worry about, we would just treat it with anti-nausea meds. Or it could be from his ventricles enlarging. Remember, Matt doesn't have a shunt, but they anticipate that at some point he will need one. We're always worried that headaches or vomiting are caused by increased pressure on the brain. Lastly, it could just be the fact that he ate AN ENTIRE BAG of beef jerky while he, Warren and Will were fishing yesterday morning! So, after waiting awhile to see how he did, I finally called the oncologist on-call. He said to give a bag of IV fluids, along with the IV anti-nausea meds and if Matt was still throwing up and feeling miserable, then we needed to bring him in to SLC to the ER. LUCKILY, the IV meds did the trick. He was feeling a ton better last night and even ate a little bit of dinner. He slept well and was anxious to go to church today. I feel thankful that everything seems all right now!