Monday, October 08, 2007

Photos and the REST of our summer!

Since I was so far behind in updating my blog, I thought I might post some picture of the rest of our summer! We really did enjoy our summer - up until August...

I also went back and finally put a few relevant pictures of Matt's hospital stay and surgery into their respective blog posts. If you are interested, you can go back and look at the photos. WARNING: I POSTED A PICTURE OF MATT'S INCISION IN THE UPDATE LABELED 'LAST NIGHT'. Fainthearted readers may want to avoid this picture!

Okay, now for our summer:

We moved to Utah - these are the hills behind our house. Someone hauled this bench all the way up the side of the mountain! Since I could barely climb the path to this bench, it's amazing that someone did that!

Warren bought a 4-door Jeep that has been a BLAST in the mountains! We also bought a canoe and that has also been a lot of fun. This is Warren and the boys fishing up at 'the Dike.' (At one point, Warren actually did have all 4 boys with their lines in the water - simultaneously! That's a heck of a dad!)




4-Wheelin' Boys! Have I mentioned yet, that boys (well, at least my boys) LOVE to go on anything fast and semi-dangerous? This was also up camping at 'the Dike.'



Will makes us laugh - always! While camping he was doing some 'research' as to how many marshmallows might fit on a horseshoe shaped roaster. Of course, he just likes to light the marshmallows on fire. Heaven forbid he actually eats them! :-)


William played 'coach pitch' baseball. Here he is as the catcher.


Big Sticks. Dusty Mountain Trails. A dog. Dad's new Jeep.
I'm not sure anything else would make for a more successful summer season for little boys!




We also had an awesome family reunion up at Bear Lake with Warren's family. We rented a cabin, a boat, and a wave runner. It was a hugely successful and fun reunion. But, I didn't take any pictures! I video taped a lot of it, but got home and realized I didn't have even ONE photo on my digital camera - what was I thinking?!? That was just a week or two before Matt's diagnoses and I am SO GLAD we did it. It was such a fun, normal activity and Matt was able to spend 4 full days laughing and playing with his cousins. We also did a few sessions of swimming lessons and went to the local pool several times. All in all, the summer was a blast. I am thrilled that the memories BT (before tumor) were so positive!

Love,
-Alli

4 comments:

Em Russ said...

I can't believe how much your boys have grown! They all look so handsome and happy! I'm so glad that you had a great summer! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one when he/she (are you hoping for a she??) comes!!

Katie said...

That is wonderful that you all were able to have that family reunion BT. I did go look at the pictures--thanks for sharing them. I can't believe how big your boys have gotten! You should post a picture of your belly!

Jessie said...

Yay for pictures! That was fun to go back and look at the whole adventure and ordeal.
I hope that baby is still doing well. You're about full term now, right?

We sure love you guys.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like you guys had a busy summer. The kids are looking so huge! It's been a few years now - the last time we saw your twins they still had their cute 'stick up hair!'
Still lovin your blog. And of course, still praying for your family.
The kellys