Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Baby Blues.

No, not the REAL baby blues some people get........ I mean every bit of baby gear, EVERYTHING I own, is BLUE. I'm too practical to go buy all new pink stuff (Warren, keep your comments to yourself, here), but after 5 boys, I don't want people assuming this little one is a boy, too! :-) Silly, I know. I did start out, 11 years ago, making sure I bought gender neutral gear. However, after boy number 2, then 3 and 4, and finally 5 came along, we sort of gave up on the whole neutral color scheme thing. Our infant car seat is black, silver and blue, my jogging stroller is navy, my diaper bag is navy, all crib bedding and blankets definitely have a boy theme and are largely navy, bright blue, or red. We don't own a pink, purple or even yellow sippy cup! Potty chair? Blue of course - actually we own 2 of them.

Sort of a pointless post, but it's what's on my mind at the moment! :-)

Oh, just FYI, Matt is going to see the San Francisco doctor on March 30th! Yippeeeeee! Warren and I will take him on the 29th, he's got appointments most of the day Monday, and then we'll fly back Tuesday. Carolyn (my MIL) and Megan (my SIL) will be in charge of my other crazy boys. Keep your fingers crossed that this doctor is a-m-a-z-i-n-g! I think I've got my hopes up a bit too high!

12 comments:

April J. said...

You are coming right by my house. I am about 45 minutes east of SF.

We have had 4 girls and the last one was a boy. When we found out we gave a lot of pink stuff away.
:( Although this little princess deserves all "new" pink stuff.

Em Russ said...

I think you should just go crazy and buy all new girly stuff. Except maybe a potty seat... blue works for that! :)

Jessie said...

We totally have a purple sippy (mostly because it came with an orange one, but also because Calvin wanted it). We've been able to stay gender neutral with our 2 boys. I'm sure you're having flashbacks and just waiting for me to end up just like you - except I'm pretty darn sure we'll stop at 4 boys. But...you just never know.

I also think you should go crazy and pink it up with that girl! Fun.

A huge GOOD LUCK for San Fran.

Handsfullmom said...

Well, at least it's easier for a girl to go around in blue than a boy to go around in pink! =) We're going to have the opposite problem if we ever have another boy.

Good luck with your trip next week. I'll cross my fingers for you.

Burton Family said...

Hey! I hear that you got to see my son!! I hope that all is well. I sure hope they can find a solution to Matt's problems in San Fran. It is great that he is doing so well otherwise. I love to read your updates-and we are so excited for the new little one! I love seeing the count down. I don't even have much "girl" stuff around anymore-it has been 10 years since I have needed baby gear! Wow! I have been having fun buying new for Lacie Jo! You are all in our thoughts and prayers as always!!
Love
Cristy

Raynie said...

I'm sure Tessa will be more than happy to give "baby Aunt Alli" her pink potty seat!!! I think you should just go crazy and buy everything brand new in PINK! It's very fun! Oh ya and take me with you when you go shopping!

Kristin said...

Have no fear! Danielle is willing to give you BINS full of wonderful pink and purple clothes - barely used! In fact, I would be willing to bring the first of the batches down this weekend! Then you would have time to sort and wash and oooh and aaah over the cute little things!

Anonymous said...

you deserve to go a little crazy with the pink girly stuff! Good luck with the doctors.

Ker-Dog and the gang said...

I agree with all the other posts...Go PINK! Pink is fun after so much blue (although blue is wonderful too of course) Good luck with the new doctor for Matt. That sounds exciting!

Jacqui said...

We're praying for you! Good luck in SF! AND...buy some fun girly stuff, but using what you have won't turn her into a boy...she'll survive. She'll still be a little princess...but a tough one.

**Nicki** said...

After all those beautiful boys....walk on the wild side and go all out pink:)

Mozi Esme said...

Pink is so much fun! Best wishes in SF...